Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Extracts from a book about Mr.JRD Tata

"For a few days after getting the award he(Mr.JRD Tata) kept saying, "I don't deserve it." So I sent him Jack Benny's comment which amused him. Jack Benny had said, " I don't deserve this award, but I've got arthritis and I don't deserve that either."

One of his line of thoughts:
The fact that you would like to write a book on me means that you think I represent something more than I think I do. I am always comparing myself with others in India or abroad or anywhere else, but I have no real concept. I don't believe what is said in the newspapers about me and I don't believe the sort of complements I get, our country is very good at paying complements, you get them all the time."

Another one about God:
But if all my life, almost a hundred years now, I have thought of him as too busy looking after the world, how can he have the time to look after a useless person like me?"

I say...Humility Personified!

The author's quote some where in the end of the book, when Mr.JRD was alive seems just perfect-
"When someone we love dies, a part of us dies with them, perhaps when he dies a part of him will live within us."

No comments:

Post a Comment